Roy Keane of Man Utd, Celtic and now Sunderland fame has apparently bid for four of our misfits, Steed Malbranque, Teemu Tainio, Pascal Chimbonda and Younes Kaboul. Sunderland have also been linked with Darren Bent.

I find it very hard to believe they have made solid bids for this quartet. Similarly to all the swap deals that are banded about in the press, when do you see four players move from one club to another? It just doesn't happen! I'd imagine Keane is after Malbranque and possibly Tainio but I was lead to believe Kaboul to Pompey was pretty much a lock and I can't see Keane fancying someone with Chimbonda's attitude.

We do have a wealth of midfield talent and I'd imagine Malbranque and Tainio will be little more than squad player for the coming season so a move would be good news for them with regards to first team football. The two defenders are certainly on their way out.

All four of them to Sunderland though? I don't think so somehow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

White Hart Pain - Tottenham Hotspur Blog | Template by - Abdul Munir © 2008