Both Gus Poyet and Aaron Lennon have been linked with moves away from the club recently, (seems like most of our squad have been) but both have moved to quash the rumours in the last 24 hours.

Since the departure of Carlos Queiroz at Manchester Utd, Poyet has been linked with the assistant's job there but it doesn't look like he's giving the rumours the time of day.

Poyet told the club's official website: "It's nothing. It was a surprise to read it.

"I want to stay at Spurs, I want to stay with this manager, this group of players and this club because I'm very happy.

"When you are in England and you are lucky enough to be with one of the big teams you are always going to get speculation.

"It happens, that's football - I've been around long enough to ignore it!"

This is great news for Spurs fans. Poyet is a great assistant and is an important link between Ramos and the players. I'm sure he's also great for morale in the dressing room.

Lennon was believed to be one of the players Ramos was keen to offload. I have to admit, his performances last season left a lot to be desired at times. He is undoubtedly a talented player but also a very frustrating one. His end product just isn't up to scratch and he really needs to work on this part of his game before he's just dismissed as another Ruel Fox or Tony Daley rather than an important part of THFC as well as the National Team for the foreseeable future, something he has the potential to be.

"There is no way I am leaving Tottenham," he told the Sun.

"I am settled here, I love the club and I feel my best form is yet to come.

"There is absolutely no reason for me to go anywhere else as I want to make a real contribution towards taking Spurs forward.

"The manager has never said a word to me about leaving - in fact it has been the opposite.

"Whenever I've spoken to him, he has given me tremendous encouragement. His words have been a real boost to my confidence.

"The manager has been right behind me since he came to the club and nothing has changed."

"The more quality players the manager signs, the better it is for everyone - the club and players.
"We all respond to competition and I am no different. It's all about improving yourself and the team.

"No one can afford to stand still in football and I want to improve the whole time."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

White Hart Pain - Tottenham Hotspur Blog | Template by - Abdul Munir © 2008